i thought i will never find my contact lenses. i think this is my last pair. scary but true. i think ill be going to optometrist this saturday or on monday. to get my eyes checked. i’ve been wearing my geeky looking glasses all week.
i was le tired last night but i cooked some dinner. yep, again…this time it is chicken curry with pineapple. it was very tasty. it was originally taken from the kitchen of DelMonte Kitchenomics. i modified it a lot and i dont think it resembles their dish anymore.
so here is the full recipe.
chicken curry with pineapple chunks
prep time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 20-30 minutes
serves: 4-6 people
2-3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can (234 g) DEL MONTE Fresh Cut Pineapple Chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium (50 g) onion, sliced
1 pc laurel leaf (bay leaf)
3 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
1 medium (50 g) red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 cup kakang gata (pure coconut milk)
1 branch leek, cut into strips
1 chucken boullion cube dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
1 jalapeno pepper, cut into pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1. MARINATE chicken in a mixture of reserved pineapple syrup, garlic, onion, laurel leaf and 1/2 tsp. iodized fine salt (or 1/2 Tbsp. iodized rock salt) for 5 minutes. Place in a casserole. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
2. ADD the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add jalapeno peppers. Serve hot.
– do not put jalapeno peppers if you do not want it spicy
– put sili leaves if you have them
– serve with rice
– we ate chocolate brownies with bourboun & chocolate icing
we were also chugging down white wines. i love riesling so thats the one that i drank. we a;so watched harry potter and the goblet of fire. the dvd is nto working so it was the playstation that we used to play it. darn. i love harry potter. i need to read that book again!