i loe campbells recipe…i made a delicious chicken quesadilla for lunch today made with campbell’s southwester style pepper jack soup. hmm…yummy…it was very cheesy…of course i did some variations of my own but it was friggin tasty!..mike & mark went back to work after lunch with full bellies! (burp!)
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
From: Campbell’s Kitchen
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell’s® Condensed Southwest Style Pepper Jack Soup
1/4 cup water
8 flour tortillas (8″), warmed
Pace® Chunky Salsa
1. PREHEAT oven to 425ºF.
2. COOK chicken in nonstick skillet until done and juices evaporate, stirring often. Add soup and water and heat through.
3. SPOON about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla to within 1/2″ of edge. Moisten edge with water. Fold over and seal. Place on 2 baking sheets.
4. BAKE 5 min. or until hot. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa. Makes 8 quesadillas.
TIP: Serve with Pace® Salsa and Mexican-style rice with beans. For dessert serve chocolate frozen yogurt.
– i added red bellpeppers (finely chopped), scallions (finely chopped), some ground black peppers, mexican shredded cheese and 1 1/2 tbsp of salsa on the mixture afer the chicken were cooked
– in sealing the tortillas, i used raw beaten egg.
– of course i served it with our salad leftovers from last night (with catalina dressing).
– for my drinks: my favorite sweet iced tea